Contribution to more R&D activities brought under CSR by amending Schedule-VII of the Companies Act 2013
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 24th August, 2020
G.S.R.525(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 467 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following further amendments in Schedule VII to the said Act, namely:-
In the said Schedule, for item (ix) and the entries thereto, the following item and entries shall be substituted, namely:-
“(ix) (a) Contribution to incubators or research and development projects in the field of science, technology, engineering and medicine,funded by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or any agency of the Central Government or State Government; and
(b) Contributions to public funded Universities; Indian Institute of Technology (IITs); National Laboratories and autonomous bodies established under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE); Department of Biotechnology (DBT); Department of Science and Technology (DST); Department of Pharmaceuticals; Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH); Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and other bodies, namely Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO);Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR); Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),engaged in conducting research in science, technology, engineering and medicine aimed at promoting Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
2. This notification shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
GYANESHWAR KUMAR SINGH, Jt.Secy.
Download Notification CLick Here >>
- CBIC allows contactless delivery of international courier shipments by OTP validation
- Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for Nov 2020 CA Exam reopened till 25.10.2020
- Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan High Court for Tax Audit due date extension for AY 2020-21
- Ceiling of allowable partners remuneration u/s 40b and exclusion of interest income
- Date of submission of EO fulfilment document extended for expiring Export Obligation period