No company name removal/Strike of without filing overdue financial statements or annual returns
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 10th May, 2023
G.S.R.354(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1), (2) and (4) of section 248 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Removal of Names of Companies from the Register of Companies) Rules, 2016, namely:-
1.Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Removal of Names of Companies from the Register of Companies) Second Amendment Rules, 2023.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Removal of Names of Companies from the Register of Companies) Rules, 2016 (hereafter referred to as the principal rules), in rule 4, in sub-rule (1), the following provisos shall be inserted, namely:-
“Provided that the company shall not file an application unless it has filed overdue financial statements under section 137 and overdue annual returns under section 92, up to the end of the financial year in which the company ceased to carry its business operations:
Provided further that in case a company intends to file the application after the action under sub-section (1) of section 248 has been initiated by the Registrar, it shall file all pending financial statements under section 137 and all pending annual returns under section 92, before filing the application:
Provided also that once notice under sub-section (5) of section 248 has been issued by the Registrar for publication pursuant to the action initiated under sub-section (1) of section 248, a company shall not be allowed to file the application under this sub-rule.”.
MANOJ PANDEY, Jt.Secy.
Note :The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3 of Sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 1174(E), dated the 26th December, 2016 and amended, vide notification numbers G.S.R 355(E), dated the 12th April, 2017, G.S.R 350(E), dated the 8th May, 2019, G.S.R 420(E), dated the 29th June, 2020, G.S.R. 436(E), dated the 9th June, 2022G.S.R. 658(E), dated the 24th August, 2022 and G.S.R. 298(E), dated 17th April, 2023.
Download Notification Click Here >>
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24
- e-Appeals Scheme 2023 notified. Procedure for disposal of appeals by JCIT(Appeals)
- A Reasonable limitation period applicable to Order u/s 206C for failure to deduct TCS
- Preparation & uploading fake ITR by Chartered Accountant. ITAT remands case