Restoration of name of individual in Independent Directors database which was removed on failure to pass online proficiency self-assessment test
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 10th June, 2022
G.S.R.439(E). In exercise of the powers conferred by section 149 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) These rules may be called the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Second Amendment, Rules,2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, in rule 6, after sub-rule (4), the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely: –
“(5) Any individual whose name has been removed from the databank under sub-rule (4), may apply for restoration of his name on payment of fees of one thousand rupees and the institute shall allow such restoration subject to the following conditions, namely :-
(i) his name shall be shown in a separate restored category for a period of one year from the date of restoration within which, he shall be required to pass the online proficiency self-assessment test and thereafter his name shall be included in the databank, only, if he passes the said online proficiency self-assessment test and in such case, the fees paid by him at the time of initial registration shall continue to be valid for the period for which the same was initially paid; and
(ii) in case he fails to pass the online proficiency self-assessment test within one year from the date of restoration, his name shall be removed from the data bank and he shall be required to apply afresh under sub-rule (1) for inclusion of his name in the databank.”.
[F. No. 8/4/2018-CL-I-Part I]
MANOJ PANDEY, Jt.Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 259(E), dated the 31st March, 2014 and were last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 410 (E), dated the 1st June, 2022.
Download MCA Notification Click Here >>
- MCA further relaxes additional fees for filing Annual Return by LLPs upto 15.07.2022
- CBDT revises jurisdiction of Chief Commissioner of Income-tax New Delhi and Mumbai
- ALP u/s 92C allowable variation limits notified for AY 2022-23
- 47th GST Council Meeting Recommendations. Increased rates effective from 18th July 2022
- Higher consumption of electricity by itself no ground of suppression of production