Sanction for prosecution accorded in 366 cases in violation of CSR provisions
The Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs, in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha stated that whenever any violation of CSR provisions is reported, action against such non-compliant Companies are initiated as per provisions of the Act after due examination of records and following due process of law.
He said that all CSR related defaults are compoundable. So far, sanction for prosecution has been accorded in 366 cases. Of these, 148 applications for compounding have been made and 75 cases have been compounded.
Giving more information, the Minister stated that as per input provided by the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), following studies have been conducted:
Formative research on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) implementation under Section 135 of Companies Act, 2013: Coverage and emerging issues; and
Study on CSR expenditure in 100 tribal and backwards districts of the country.
Giving more details, the Minister further said that the CSR is a Board driven process and the Board of the company is empowered to plan, decide, execute and monitor the CSR activities of the company based on the recommendation of its CSR Committee. The CSR architecture is disclosure based and CSR mandated companies are required to file details of CSR expenditure annually in MCA21 registry.
The existing legal provisions such as mandatory disclosures, accountability of the CSR Committee and the Board, provisions for statutory audit of accounts of the company etc. provide sufficient safeguards.
- No prosecution u/s 275B when laptops & ERP user IDs /passwords provided to search party
- ICAI cancels/restores membership of thousands of CAs due to death/non payment of fee
- NSDL latest e-TDS TCS RPU Version 4.9 and FVU 8.4 applicable from 24.11.2023 – Download
- Procedures/provisions for amnesty for taxpayers who missed GST appeal filing deadline
- Exemption u/s 54F-Bar of holding more than one residential house applies to whole day of transfer