The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020 (No. 29 of 2020) has received the assent of the President on the 28th September, 2020 and has been notified.
One of the important amendment is insertion of new section 129A under which the Central Government may, require prescribed class(es) of unlisted companies to prepare the financial results on periodical basis and complete audit or limited review of such periodical financial results and also to file copy of report with the Registrar.
The Act also provides for setting off of excess payment incurred on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) u/s 135 in succeeding years.
Download Act Click Here >>
- ICAI extends waiving-off Condonation fees due to late filing of various application Forms
- Penalty u/s 271(1)(b) can not be imposed if assessment order passed u/s 143(3) not u/s 144
- SC to decide constitutional validity of IBC 2016 applying to personal guarantors of corporate debtors
- Income-tax Exemption for payment of deemed LTC fare for non-Central Government employees
- Manufacturing and other operations undertaken in bonded warehouses – Clarifications