Extension of the scheme Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana to 30.06.2021. The Scheme provides relief in case Insured Person becomes unemployed
EMPLOYEES’ STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION
New Delhi, the 7th September, 2020
No N-12/13/01/2019-P&D.—In exercise of the powers conferred upon it under sub-section (1) of Section 97 of the Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 (34 of 1948), the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation hereby notify the extension of the scheme Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana which was notified in the Gazette of India Part III section 4 on 04.02.2019, for the period 01.07.2020 to 30.06.2021 with relaxation in following eligibility conditions for availing relief under the scheme during the period 24.03.2020 to 31.12.2020 as under: –
1. The Insured Person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years immediately before his/ her unemployment and should have contributed for not less than 78 days in the contribution period immediately preceding the unemployment and minimum 78 days in one of the remaining three contribution periods in two years prior to unemployment.
2. Claim shall be due 30 days after date of unemployment.
3. The claim for relief may be submitted by an IP online in the prescribed claim form duly completed, directly to the Branch office. The payment shall be made in the bank account of the IP within 15 days from the receipt of the duly completed claim. Aadhaar shall be used for identification of the Insured Person.
4. Relief to the extent of 50 % of the average per day earning during the previous four contribution periods to be paid up to maximum 90 days of unemployment.
The above relaxed eligibility conditions will be applicable for the period 24.03.2020 to 31.12.2020 only. The other conditions as specified in the original Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana as notified on 04.02.2019 will remain the same. The Scheme Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana will be available with original eligibility conditions for the IPs who became unemployed on or before 23.03.2020 and on or after 01.01.2021.
Any objection or suggestion, which may be received from any person in respect of notification within a period od thirty (30) days from the date of publication, will be considered by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation. The objections and suggestions, if any, may be addressed to Insurance Commissioner (P&D), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, Panchdeep Bhawan, CIG Marg, New Delhi 110002 (e-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org)
P.B. MANI, Insurance Commissioner
Download Notification Click Here >>
The ESI Corporation had launched a scheme named ‘Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana’ (ABVKY) which, in case the Insured Person (IP) is rendered unemployed, provides relief to the extent of 25% of the average per day earning during the previous four contribution periods (total earning during the four contribution period/730) to be paid up to maximum 90 days of unemployment once in lifetime of the IP on submission of claim in form of an Affidavit. The Scheme has been made effective from 01-07-2018. The scheme was implemented on pilot basis for a period of two years initially.
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books
- RBI debars Haribhakti & Co. LLP, CA Firm for undertaking NBFC audit for 2 years