GSTN Advisory for Tracking GST Refund Application Status on the GST / PFMS portal. payment is made after validation of bank account mentioned in RFD-01
Tracking GST Refund Application Status on the GST Portal and PFMS portal
1. The functionality to track the status of refund application has been available on the GST portal. By utilising this functionality, the taxpayers can know the stage at which the refund application is pending with the tax-officer/ taxpayer.
2. A tax officer can issue payment order only after Public Financial Management System (PFMS) has validated the bank account mentioned in the refund application (RFD-01). Similarly, final disbursement of refund amount sanctioned by the tax officer happens only after (PFMS) has validated the bank account mentioned in the payment order (RFD-05). Thus, validation of bank account takes place at two stages. However, the exact detailed status of bank account validation is not available on the GST Portal.
3. The Public Financial Management System (PFMS) of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) has made available a central portal to track the status of bank account validation and disbursal of refund amount. By visiting the PFMS portal a thttps://pfms.nic.in/static/NewLayoutCommonContent.aspx?RequestPagename=Static/GSTN_Tracker.aspx the taxpayer can track the status of bank account validation.
4. This advisory is being issued for the benefit of the taxpayers in order to make them aware of the ways in which they can track the status of their refund applications on both the Portals.
5. To download the detailed advisory, Click Here.
- Manufacturing and other operations undertaken in bonded warehouses – Clarifications
- Vivad se Vishwas-Clarification on payment where declaration is filed till 31.12.2020
- Delay in filing appeal condoned as auditor sought opinion from tax advocate who misplaced records
- Govt. Scheme for grant of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound / simple interest for 6 months
- No postponement of CA November 2020 Exams. ICAI warns of fake announcement