Time limit for UDIN updation for audit report/certificates uploaded from 27.04.2020 extended up to 30.04.2021 as per income tax e-filing portal
Earlier CBDT has given one-time relaxation to update UDINs till 15.02.2021 for Forms uploaded during 27th April 2020 to 26th November 2020
CBDT is validating UDIN generated by Chartered Accountants while uploading of Tax Audit and other Income Tax Reports. In case the UDIN is not matched/validated, the forms become void or invalid.
ICAI had stated UDINs for certain Income Tax Forms which uploaded on e-filing Portal by the CAs during 27th April 2020 to 26th November 2020 have not yet been updated resulting invalidation message of these forms at Income Tax e-filing website.
CBDT gives further relaxation to update UDINs
According to the ICAI, its had persuaded CBDT to give extension for updating UDINs on above stated forms and till 15th February, 2021 these forms shall be valid.
Therefore, CAs have been advised by ICAI to avail the last opportunity and update the UDINs on the e-filing Portal at not later than 15th February, 2021 to avoid invalidation.
Also, for the Income Tax Forms other than above, members have been advised to update the valid UDIN within 15 days of such uploading else the IT forms will be treated as Null and Void by CBDT.
Read CBDT FAQs on UDIN Revocation click here
- Central/State Government/local authority bound by approved resolution plan retrospectively
- Shri Sivasubramanian Ramann appointed as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of SIDBI
- SEBI revises Reporting Formats for Mutual Funds
- GSTN Clarification on 4-digit/6-digit HSNs not accepted on e-invoice/e-Way bill Portal
- Revision u/s 263 on issues not covered under limited scrutiny quashed as AO could not had gone into those