ICAI Clarifies news reports on CA exam answer books found in possession of unauthorised person
Recently, newspapers had reported arrest by Kolkata Police of two person with 550 answser sheets of CA Examination held in June . As reported, those arrest were not the examiners authorised by ICAI.
The newspapers had further reported that those arrested confessed their connection with an All India level group involved in such unauthorised activities.
The ICAI has defended its examination system and had clarified that CA examination system is totally robust and this instance is an aberration.
According to the ICAI, its exam system runs through codified numbers and it is not possible to ascertain the identity of examinee or examination centre by any examiner or anyone else.
It has been stated that the Institute has already initiated steps to proceed against the delinquent examiner and person in illegal possession of the answer books.
- MCA clarification on ‘appointed date’ u/s 232(6) of the Companies Act 2013 for merger/amalgamation
- IDS 2016 declaration can be declared void without SCN upon misrepresentation /suppression of facts
- Reopening done at the insistence of CIT held as change of opinion and vitiated in law
- CBT Approved Proposal to Amend EPS 1995 for restoration of commuted value of pension > 15 years
- Due date for GSTR-3B return for July 2019 extended to 22/08/2019 and 20.09.2019 in flood affected States
addition u/s 68 budget 2017-18 ca misconduct cash deposit in bank CBDT cbdt circular CBDT Instruction cbdt notification cbdt order cbdt press release CGST cit revision 263 concealment penalty custom circular demonetisation due date extension e-way bill faq GST circular GST Clarification GST Council Meeting gst faq GSTR-3B GST rates gst refund IBBI icai income tax prosecution itat ITAT Delhi ITC CREDIT MCA notification order u/s 119 penalty 271(1)(c) penalty u/s 271(1)(c) Press Release reasons recorded reopening 148 Reopening us 147 sebi circular service tax notification transfer and postings unexplained cash credits validity of notice u/s 148 Withdrawal of 2000 500 Bank Notes