CBDT further extends the last date for linking of Aadhaar number with PAN from 31st March, 2021 to 30th June, 2021, in view of the difficulties arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CBDT extends PAN Aadhar number linking deadline to 30.06.2021 from 31.03.2021
The earlier notification was as under:
TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (i)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
NOTIFICATION No. 31/2019
New Delhi, the 31st of March, 2019
In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (2) of section 139AA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (Act), the Central Government, hereby notifies that every person who has been allotted permanent account number as on the 1st day of July, 2017, and who is eligible to obtain Aadhaar number, shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or Principal Director of Income tax (Systems) in the form and manner specified in Notification no. 7 dated 29th of June, 2017 issued by the Principal Director General of Income Tax (Systems) by 30th of September, 2019.
2. This notification shall not be applicable to those persons or such class of persons or any State or part of any State who/which are/is specifically excluded under sub-section (3) of section 139AA of the Act.
3. However, notwithstanding the last date of linking of Aadhaar number with PAN being extended to 09.2019 in para 1above, it is also made clear in Circular No.6 of 2019 that w.e.f. 01st of April, 2019. it is mandatory to quote Aadhaar number while filing the return of income as required under Section 139AA(1)(ii) unless specifically exempted as per any notification issued under sub-section (3) of section 139AA of the Act. It is also made clear that the returns being filed either electronically or manually cannot be filed without quoting the Aadhaar number.
Under Secretary (ITA.II), CBDT
(F. No. 225/75/2019-ITA.II)
Notification No. 31 /2019
Government of India Press, Mayapuri, New Delhi
Copy forwarded to: –
- PPS to FM/Dir(FMO)/OSD to MoS(R)/PPS to RS/PPS to Chairman, CBDT and all Members,
- DGIT(Systems), New Delhi.
- All CCsiT /DGsiT for kind information.
- ITCC, Central Board of Direct Taxes (4 copies).
- ADG(S)-4, New Delhi, for placing on the website: gov.in.
- CIT, Data base Cell for uploading on irsofficersonline.
- Guard File
Download Notification Click Here >>
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken