Dainik Bhaskar Income Tax Raids-CBDT alleges detection of bogus income of Rs. 700 crores
The Income Tax Department had carried out a search operation on Dainik Bhaskar in 9 cities including Mumbai, Delhi, Bhopal, Indore, Noida and Ahmedabad.
The Income Tax raids had been severely criticised by the Dainik Baskar and other media houses and it was alleged that the raid was an attempt to stifle free press in view of recent criticism of the BJP Government.
In a press release, CBDT has alleged that the group had been operating several companies for booking bogus expenses and routing of funds.
According to the CBDT, the quantum of bogus income is Rs. 700 crore spread over a period of 6 years. CBDT has also alleged violation of Companies Act and Listing Agreement
The CBDT has stated that the instance of diversion of Term Loan taken from bank has also come to its knowledge.
Read CBDT Press Release Click Here >>
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken