Extension of due date for furnishing belated and revised returns for AY 2019-20 to 30th November, 2020
F. No. 225/150/2020-ITA-II
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
North Block ITA-II Division
New Delhi, the 30th September, 2020
Order under Section 119(2)(a) of the Income-tax Act, 1961
The date for furnishing of Income-tax returns under section 139 of the Income-tax Act ,1961 (‘Act’) for the Assessment Year 2019-20 was 31st March, 2020. However, on consideration of difficulties being faced by the taxpayers due to COVID-19 pandemic, the said date was initially extended to 30th June, 2020 and subsequently to 31st July, 2020 and 30th September, 2020 vide the Taxation and other laws (Relaxations of certain provisions) , Ordinance dated 31.03.2020, Notification No. 35/2020 dated 24.06.2020 and Notification No. 56/2020 dated 29.07.2020 respectively.
2. In this context, on further consideration of genuine difficulties being faced by the taxpayers due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), in exercise of powers conferred under section 119(2)(a) of the Act, hereby , further extends the date for furnishing of belated and revised returns for the Assessment Year 2019-20 under sub-section (4) and (5) of section 139 of the Act respectively, from 30th September,2020 to 30th November, 2020.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
- PS to F.M./OSD to F.M./PS to MoS (R).
- PS to Finance/Revenue Secretary
- Chairman (CBDT)& All Members of CBDT.
- All CCsiT/CCsiT/Pr. DsGIT/DsGIT
- All Joint Secretaries/CsiT, CBDT
- Directors/Deputy Secretaries/Under Secretaries of CBDT.
- ADG (Systems)-4 with a request to place the order on official income-tax website
- CIT (M&TP), Official Spokesperson of CBDT with a request to publicize widely
- Addl. CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on gov.in.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi
- All Chambers of Commerce
Download CBDT Order Click Here >>
- CBDT extends deadline for passing income tax Penalty / Assessment/Re-assessment orders
- Pr.CCIT UP (East) Lucknow invites application to empanel Senior and Junior Standing Counsels
- Disallowance u/s 40(a)(ia) for non deduction of TDS on amount credited to Provision account deleted
- MCA & CBIC signed MOU for data exchange for regulatory purposes
- ICAI Educational Material on IndAS 105 Non-current Assets Held for Sale & Discontinued Operations