Non renewed Fixed Deposits to attract less interest – RBI Directions
RBI has revised its Instruction with respect to where a Fixed / Term Deposit matures and remains unpaid/unclaimed
As per the existing instruction, if a Term Deposit matures and proceeds are unpaid, the amount of left unclaimed with the bank shall attract rate of interest as applicable to savings deposits.
However, as per RBI revised instructions, if a Term Deposit (TD) matures and proceeds are unpaid, the amount left unclaimed with the bank shall attract rate of interest as applicable to savings account or the contracted rate of interest on the matured Term Deposit, whichever is lower.
Read RBI Instruction Click Here >>
Also Read: Comparison Chart for Bank Fixed Deposit Interest rates Click Here >>
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken