Further extension of due date for regulatory filings and compliances for REIT and InvIT
Securities and Exchange Board of India
July 1, 2020
All Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
All Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)
All Parties to REITs and InvITs
All Recognized Stock Exchanges All Depositories
Madam / Sir,
Sub: Relaxation from compliance to REITs and InvITs due to the CoVID-19 virus pandemic– Amendment
SEBI, videcircular No. SEBI/HO/DDHS/CIR/P/2020/42 dated March 23, 2020, had granted temporary relaxations in compliance requirements for REITs and InvITs owing to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Vide the circular, the due date for regulatory filings and compliances for REIT and InvIT for the period ending March 31, 2020 was extended by one month over and above the timelines, prescribed under SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 (InvIT Regulations) and SEBI (Real estate Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 (REIT Regulations) and circulars issued thereunder.
2. It has been decided to further extend the due date for regulatory filings and compliances for REIT and InvIT for the period ending March 31, 2020 by a month over and above the extended timelines specified vide the aforementioned Circular.
3. This Circular shall come into force with immediate effect. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all REITs and InvITs and also disseminate on their websites.
4. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 33 of InvIT Regulations and Regulation 33 of REIT Regulations.
5. This Circular is available on SEBI website at sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and under the drop down “Circulars”.
Richa G. Agarwal Deputy General Manager
Department of Debt and Hybrid Securities
Tel No. 022-2644-9596
Email Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section 139A not to apply to non-resident who invests in a specified fund
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material