SEBI extends due date for regulatory filings & compliances for InvITs and REITs for period ending 31.03.2021 due to 2nd wave of CoVID-19 pandemic.
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
May 14, 2021
All Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)
All Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
All Parties to InvITs
All Parties to REITs
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
Madam / Sir,
Sub: Relaxation from compliance to REITs and InvITs due to the CoVID -19 virus pandemic
1.SEBI is in receipt of representations from InvITs and REITs requesting extension of timelines for various regulatory filings and compliances for InvITs and REITs for the period ending March 31, 2021, inter-alia,due to ongoing second wave of the CoVID-19 pandemic and restrictions imposed by various state governments.
2. After consideration, it has been decided to extend the due date for regulatory filings and compliances for InvITs and REITs for the period ending March 31, 2021 by one month over and above the timelines, prescribed under SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 (InvIT Regulations) and SEBI (Real Estate Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 (REIT Regulations)and circulars issued thereunder.
3. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 33 of InvIT Regulations and Regulation 33 of the REIT Regulations.
This Circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.inunder the link “Legal →Circulars”.
Sabir Sawant Deputy
Department of Debt and Hybrid Securities
Email id -email@example.com
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books
- RBI debars Haribhakti & Co. LLP, CA Firm for undertaking NBFC audit for 2 years