(Department of Economic Affairs)
|Type of Account||Who may open the account||Deposit required for opening of account||Number of accounts that can be opened||Type of deposits that can be made into the account||Minimum balance to be maintained in the account||Who may operate the account|
|Basic Savings Account||
(i) Registered adult member of any Government Welfare Scheme;
(ii) Guardian of a minor whose name is registered for any Government Benefit
|Nil||One||Any Government benefit or any other deposit under the scheme||Nil||
(i) An individual adult whose name is registered for any Government Welfare Scheme;
(ii) guardian of any minor whose name is registered under any Government Welfare Scheme
(4) Any Basic Savings Account opened/under the Post Office Savings Account Rules,1981 shall remain operational.”;
(ii) in paragraph 4, in sub-paragraph (6), for the words “one hundred rupees”, the words and brackets “fifty rupees (inclusive of Goods and Services Tax)” shall be substituted.
RAJAT KUMAR MISHRA, Addl.Secy.
Note: The principal Scheme was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G. S. R. 921 (E), dated the 12th December, 2019.
- UCO Bank Concurrent Auditor Online Empanelment 2022-23 (01.10.2022 to 30.09.2023
- Amendments to Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014
- CBDT notifies modified return of income to be furnished by a successor entity u/s 170A
- MCA increase capital and turnover threshold for small companies
- CBDT issues Additional Guidelines on applicability of TDS u/s 194R – CBDT Circular