MCA relaxes provisions of Board meetings due to Corona Virus. Meetings till 30th June, 2020 may be held through video conferencing/other audio visual means
As per MCA Advisory, Considering the need to take precautionary steps to overcome the outbreak of the corona virus (Covid-19), the Government has relaxed the provisions of the board meetings under the Companies Act, 2013.
In-principle it has been decided to relax the requirement of holding Board meetings with physical presence of directors under section 173 (2) r/w rule 4 of the Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Rules, 2014 for approval of the annual financial statements, Board’s report, etc.
Now, such meetings may till 30th June, 2020 be held through video conferencing or other audio visual means by duly ensuring compliance of rule 3 of the said rules.
The necessary changes in the rules in this regard are expected to be notified soon.
MCA has issued Notification for introducing the Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Amendment Rules, 2020 to give effect to the above Click Here >>
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119
- Fund Managers remuneration provisions u/s 9A(3)(m) relaxed by CBDT for FY 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Expenditure on replacement of machinery with new machinery constitutes capital expenditure