MCA relaxes provisions of Board meetings due to Corona Virus. Meetings till 30th June, 2020 may be held through video conferencing/other audio visual means
As per MCA Advisory, Considering the need to take precautionary steps to overcome the outbreak of the corona virus (Covid-19), the Government has relaxed the provisions of the board meetings under the Companies Act, 2013.
In-principle it has been decided to relax the requirement of holding Board meetings with physical presence of directors under section 173 (2) r/w rule 4 of the Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Rules, 2014 for approval of the annual financial statements, Board’s report, etc.
Now, such meetings may till 30th June, 2020 be held through video conferencing or other audio visual means by duly ensuring compliance of rule 3 of the said rules.
The necessary changes in the rules in this regard are expected to be notified soon.
MCA has issued Notification for introducing the Companies (Meetings of Board and its Powers) Amendment Rules, 2020 to give effect to the above Click Here >>
- CBEC Clarification on GST refund related issues. Read Circular
- Relaxations for renewal of health / motor vehicle insurance policies installments
- The Taxation & Other Laws (Relaxation of Certain Provisions) Ordinance 2020
- 15 FAQ on RBI three months Moratorium on Term Loans EMIs and WC Facilities
- GSTN Advisory for Tracking GST Refund Application Status on GST / PFMS portal