Online IEC applications-Effective from 9.8.2018 requirement of PAN & DSC removed. As per amended Policy and Procedure only 2 documents to be uploaded.
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi -110 011
Trade Notice No. 23/2018-19
New Delhi, Dated the 8th August, 2018
Subject: Amendment in Policy and Procedure for online IEC applications- regd
It has been observed that exporters/importers are facing various problems in obtaining and modifying Importer-Exporter Code due to, inter alia, internet browser dependencies and other browser settings of digital signatures. In any case, PAN of the entity has been made IEC w.e.f 1.7.2017 vide Trade Notice No 9 dated 12.6.2017 and thus only one IEC is issued against one PAN. Therefore, in order to automate the process of issue of IEC and thereby simplifying the business procedures for improving “Ease of doing business “, automatic PAN verification has been now enforced in the IEC system. For this purpose, the DGFT vide Public Notice No 27 dated 8.8.2018 has notified that IEC will henceforth be system generated and applicant will have the facility of taking a print out of IEC. Further, following the integration of PAN web service of CBDT with DGFT’s web server and automatic system based verification of PAN details with PAN database of CBDT, requirement of Digital Signature for submitting IEC applications is being done away with and Para 2.08 and 2.14 on IEC have been accordingly revised.
2. Detailed guidelines in the matter are laid down here as under:
(i) With the Integration of PAN web service of CBDT with DGFT’s web server, requirement of copy of PAN as one of the mandatory documents for Applicant’s validation is removed. Accordingly, effective from 9.8.2018, online applications for IEC will require only 2 documents to be uploaded electronically.ie. (i) Address Proof the applicant entity (as detailed in annex), and (ii) Cancelled cheque bearing entity ‘s pre printed name or Bank certificate.
(ii) Digital signature for submitting applications for fresh Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) or amendment of IEC will not be required w.e.f. 9.8.2018.
(iii) On submission of complete application with fees and requisite documents , IEC will be auto-generated and intimation regarding allotment of IEC will be sent to the applicant, through sms and email, with the hyperlink to download and print the e-IEC.
(iv) RAs would conduct post-verification of online IECs as per the Applicant will be liable for penal/criminal action for furnishing of wrong/incomplete information and IEC will be suspended/ cancelled in such cases besides taking other legal action against the applicant.
(v) As per the current practice , an e-IEC holder shall update his profile immediately after issuance of e-IEC. ANF-1 of the Handbook of Procedure (2015-20) contains the profile of the importer/exporter. IEC Holder shall be responsible for updating the same as and when a change takes place immediately or in any case at least once in a year as per para 2.15 of Handbook ofProcedure (2015-20).
(vi) Entities seeking any benefit from any authority, by claiming status as manufacturer exporter, will have to prove its credence for the same, independently to that authority .
(S. P. Roy)
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Telefax #23 062240
[F.No.O 1193/ 180/20/AM-13/ PC-2(B)]
GUIDELINES ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR ISSUE/MODIFICATION IN IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE (IEC) NUMBER
- Online application for IEC requires only 2 documents i.e.
(i) Address proof the applicant entity; and
(ii) Cancelled Cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank Certificate, to be uploaded .
- Documents accepted as address proof of the applicant entity are:
(i) Sale deed in case business premise is self-owned; or
(ii) Rental/Lease Agreement in case office is rented/ leased; or
(iii) Latest electricity I Landline/ Mobile telephone bill in the name of applicant entity
- Format of Bank Certificate is as per attached ANF-2A(i)
- Applicants must ensure that only relevant legible documents are uploaded.
- Documents should be uploaded in digital format-GIF, JPEG, size not exceeding 5MB.
- It should be ensured that details filled in the application match with the details as in the uploaded documents, i.e. (i) Address proof, and (ii) Cancelled Cheque or Bank Certificate.
- Modifications in e-IEC need to be corroborated with corresponding documents
Accordingly, before seeking modification in e-IEC, necessary modifications in other requisite/supporting documents may be completed and only the upd ted documents substantiating the changes sought while modifying the IEC may be submitted.
- At any given time, an IEC holder/applicant can change either its email id or mobile number. Request for amendment in both email id as well abcaus.in as mobile number, at the same time, will not be entertained
- A new Module has been created for Regional Authorities to facilitate PAN modification in IECs issued prior to 07.2017 and also for cancellation of IECs.
- Suggestive list of documents for modification in IEC is annexed.
- List of Suggestive Documents for seeking modification in e-IEC.
- Format of bank certificate for issuance of IEC