Due date for furnishing GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C for FY 2019-20 extended further to 31.03.2021
The due date for furnishing of the GST Annual returns (GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C) specified under section 44 of the CGST Act read with rule 80 of the CGST rules for the financial year 2019-20 was earlier extended from 31.12.2020 to 28.02.2021 vide Notification No. 95/2020- Central Tax dated 30.12.2020.
As per Press Release issued today by Ministry of Finance, in view of the difficulties expressed by the taxpayers in meeting the deadline for filing GST Annual Returns within extended time limit, Government has decided to further extend the due date for furnishing of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C for the financial year 2019-20 to 31.03.2021.
The extension has been made with the approval of Election Commission of India.
Download Notification No. 04/2021 – Central Tax Click Here >>
- If one proceeding is saved, other has to be quashed – interesting judgment of ITAT
- The Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules 2023 notified by MCA
- CBDT notifies California Public Employees Retirement System Pension Fund u/s 10(23FE)
- Trial Court to do enquiry u/s 202 CrPC for non jurisdictional assessee in IT Proceedings
- If creditors are bogus, entire purchases to be disallowed, not only outstanding balance