Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST on treatment of secondary or post-sales discounts under GST
Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST
Circular No. 112/31/2019 – GST
F.No. CBEC – 20/06/03/2019 – GST
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
GST Policy Wing
New Delhi, the 3rd October, 2019
The Pr. Chief Commissioners / Chief Commissioners / Principal Commissioners / Commissioners
of Central Tax (All)
The Principal Director Generals / Director Generals (All)
Madam / Sir,
Subject: Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019 – reg.
Kind attention is invited to Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019 wherein certain clarifications were given in relation to various doubts related to treatment of secondary or post-sales discounts under GST.
2. Numerous representations were received expressing apprehensions on the implications of the said Circular. In view of these apprehensions and to ensure uniformity in the implementation of the provisions of the law across field formations, the Board, in exercise of its powers conferred by section 168(1) of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, hereby withdraws, ab-initio, Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019.
3. It is requested that suitable trade notices may be issued to publicize the contents of this Circular.
Hindi version will follow.
Principal Commissioner (GST)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- CBDT reconstitutes Regional e-Assessment Centers. List of Income-tax Authorities for ReACs
- CBDT Guidelines for implementation of Faceless Assessment Scheme 2019
- Shri GP Garg takes charge as Executive Director SEBI
- CBDT makes massive restructuring in jurisdiction of Income tax Authorities
- CBDT diverts existing posts of IRS to the newly created NeAC Delhi and its ReACs