Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST on treatment of secondary or post-sales discounts under GST
Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST
Circular No. 112/31/2019 – GST
F.No. CBEC – 20/06/03/2019 – GST
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
GST Policy Wing
New Delhi, the 3rd October, 2019
The Pr. Chief Commissioners / Chief Commissioners / Principal Commissioners / Commissioners
of Central Tax (All)
The Principal Director Generals / Director Generals (All)
Madam / Sir,
Subject: Withdrawal of Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019 – reg.
Kind attention is invited to Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019 wherein certain clarifications were given in relation to various doubts related to treatment of secondary or post-sales discounts under GST.
2. Numerous representations were received expressing apprehensions on the implications of the said Circular. In view of these apprehensions and to ensure uniformity in the implementation of the provisions of the law across field formations, the Board, in exercise of its powers conferred by section 168(1) of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, hereby withdraws, ab-initio, Circular No. 105/24/2019-GST dated 28.06.2019.
3. It is requested that suitable trade notices may be issued to publicize the contents of this Circular.
Hindi version will follow.
Principal Commissioner (GST)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- Securitisation & Reconstruction of Financial Assets Amendment Rules 2020
- High Court condemns GST officials staying 8 days at searched house, says action punishable with jail
- Addition u/s 69 on premise that no prudent person keep huge amount of cash in house deleted
- Tax Invasion is a Social Injustice to fellow citizens: Chief Justice of India
- SOP to be followed by exporters for claiming IGST refund. Details to be given for verification