ICAI bans a chartered accountant for doing audit in excess of prescribed numbers
The Disciplinary Committee of the ICAI has held CA. Deepak Kedia (Membership No. 029842), BENGALURU, guilty of Professional Misconduct.
Previously, the ICAI had taken action in terms of the provisions of Section 21B(3) of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 read with Rules 18(17) and 19(1) of the Chartered Accountants (Procedure of Investigations of Professional and Other Misconduct and Conduct of Cases) Rules, 2007.
As per the action taken, a fine of Rs. 1000/- for each case of audit conducted in excess of the number stipulated in the Guidelines which comes to Rs. 4,72,000/- had been imposed. and in case of failure to deposit the fine within the stipulated time i.e. 3 months, his name should be removed from the Register of Members for a period of one month.
However, in view of the failure of the said Chartered Accountant to deposit the imposed fine in terms of the Regulation 18 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, has removed the name of CA. Deepak Kedia from the Register of Members for a period of one month with effect from 11th January, 2022.
Read ICAI Order Click Here >>
- CBDT specifies non-fungible token which shall not be considered as virtual digital asset
- CBDT notifies assets excluded from the definition of virtual digital asset
- MCA further relaxes additional fees for filing Annual Return by LLPs upto 15.07.2022
- CBDT notifies Form No. 26QF TDS statement under section 194S
- CBDT revises jurisdiction of Chief Commissioner of Income-tax New Delhi and Mumbai