ICAI clarifies on confusion on eligibility of Category IV Individuals/Proprietor CAs for Bank branch audit
The Multipurpose Empanelment Form (MEF) for the year 2021-22 has been hosted and is available at https://meficai.org.
Both individuals and proprietor Chartered Accountants in practice are eligible to empanel, as in earlier years.
However there has been some confusion that individuals and proprietors are not eligible for Bank branch audits, especially those who fall in the category IV.
ICAI has clarified that members should not get confused with the RBI circular dated 27th April 2021 regarding Guidelines for Appointment of Statutory Central Auditors (SCAs) which is not for appointment of Bank Branch Auditors.
ICAI has also clarified that there has bene no change and it preparing the panel of eligible bank branch auditors exactly on the same basis as in last year for submission to the Reserve Bank of India.
Further, it has been stated that a meeting is upcoming between ICAI and RBI Governor on the issue of increase in Bank Audit Fees.
Read ICAI Announcement Click Here >>
- No prosecution u/s 275B when laptops & ERP user IDs /passwords provided to search party
- ICAI cancels/restores membership of thousands of CAs due to death/non payment of fee
- NSDL latest e-TDS TCS RPU Version 4.9 and FVU 8.4 applicable from 24.11.2023 – Download
- Procedures/provisions for amnesty for taxpayers who missed GST appeal filing deadline
- Exemption u/s 54F-Bar of holding more than one residential house applies to whole day of transfer