Step-by-Step Guide / Procedure for registration of DSC in income tax new e-filing portal
As we all know that Income Tax Department has launched it new e-filing portal namely www.incometax.gov.in which has a new look many new features . The department has advised taxpayers to re-register their Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) which could not be migrated to new portal for security issues.
The service to register DSC is available to all registered users of the e-Filing portal. This service enables registered users to perform the following:
- Register DSC
- Re-Register when registered DSC has expired
- Re-Register when registered DSC has not expired
- Register DSC of Principal Contact
How to register DSC at income tax new e-filing portal?
Prerequisites for availing this service
- Registered user of the e-Filing portal with valid user ID and password
- Downloaded and installed the emsigner utility (the utility can also be downloaded and installed while registering DSC)
- The USB token procured from a Certifying Authority Provider should be plugged in to the computer
- DSC USB token should be Class 2 or Class 3 Certificate
- DSC to be registered should be active and not expired
- DSC should not be revoked
Step-by-Step Guide for registration of DSC at income tax new e-filing portal
Step 1: Download and install DSC Management Utility emsigner Click here >>
Step-2 Log in to the e-Filing portal using your old user ID and password Click here to Login >>
Step 3: Go to the My Profile page from the Dashboard.
Step 4: Click Register DSC on the left side of the screen
Step 5: Enter the email ID linked with the DSC token. Select I have downloaded and installed emsigner utility and click Continue
Note: If you have to download the emsigner utility, you can click on the hyperlink for the same under Need Help.
Step 6: Select the Provider and Certificate. Enter Provider Password. Click Sign
On successful validation, a success message will be displayed with the option to go to the Dashboard.
DSC registration in other scenarios to be done as under:
|Re-registeration when registered DSC has expired||After Step 3, the message Your Registered DSC has already expired. Please re-register a valid DSC is displayed. The process of registering a DSC in such a case is the same as explained.|
|Re-registeration when registered DSC has not expired||After Step 3, the message You have already registered DSC. You can view details of your registered DSC, or update by re-registering is displayed. Click View to view the details and Update to update the same (by following Steps 4 and 5).|
|Registeration of DSC of Principal Contact||After Step 3, enter the email ID of the Principal Contact registered at e-Filing and proceed to register DSC following the same steps.|
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021
- No plea can be taken for non supply of reopening reasons if never sought
- Bad debts u/s 36(1)(vii) disallowed as only provision made, not written off in books
- RBI debars Haribhakti & Co. LLP, CA Firm for undertaking NBFC audit for 2 years