Spending of CSR funds for ‘setting up makeshift hospitals and temporary COVID Care facilities ‘ is an eligible CSR activity under Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013
General Circular No. 05/2021
E-file no. CSR-10 /9/2020-CSR-MCA
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Marg, New Delhi- 110 001
Date: 22nd April 2021
Subject: – Clarification on spending of CSR funds for setting up makeshift hospitals and temporary COVID Care facilities – reg.
In continuation to this Ministry’s General Circular No. 10/2020 dated 23.03.2020 wherein it was clarified that spending of CSR funds for COVID-19 is an eligible CSR activity, it is further clarified that spending of CSR funds for ‘setting up makeshift hospitals and temporary COVID Care facilities ‘ is an eligible CSR activity under item nos. (i) and (xii) of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to promotion of health care, including preventive health care, and, disaster management respectively.
2. The companies may undertake the aforesaid activities in consultation with State Governments subject to fulfillment of Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014 and the circulars related to CSR issued by this Ministry from time to time.
3. This issues with the approval of competent
Deputy Director (CSR Cell)
Tel: 0 11-230702 16
Download Circular Click Here >>
- Full year depreciation on vehicle can not be denied based on registration date
- No remission/cessation of liability if trading liability is declared in books of account
- Approval u/s 80G for new cases to be effective from year in which application is made
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24