ICAI finds three CAs for Professional Misconduct, removes their names and imposes fine.
The Disciplinary Committee of ICAI in terms of the provisions of Section 21B(3) of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 read with Rules 18(17) and 19(1) of the Chartered Accountants (Procedure of Investigations of Professional and Other Misconduct and Conduct of Cases) Rules, 2007, has held three Chartered Accountants guilty of Professional Misconduct.
The punishment given is as under:
ICAI finds CAs guilty of Professional misconduct
|CA. Mustafa Ahmed (Membership No. 062010), West Bengal||Removal of name from the Register of Members for a period of 03 (Three) months and also imposed a fine of Rs. 5,00,000/-(Rupees Five Lakhs only)||Notification|
|CA. Pamidi Srikanth (Membership No. 213522) Hyderabad||removal of name from the Register of Members for a period of 01 (One) month along with a fine of Rs. 1000/-for each case of audit conducted in excess of the number stipulated||Notification|
|CA. Dhirendra Nath Misra (Membership No. 050440), Kolkata||Removal of name from the Register of Members for a period of 03 (Three) months and also imposed a fine of Rs. 5,00,000/-(Rupees Five Lakhs only)||Notification|
- Full year depreciation on vehicle can not be denied based on registration date
- No remission/cessation of liability if trading liability is declared in books of account
- Approval u/s 80G for new cases to be effective from year in which application is made
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24